ROCKY HILL SC - CLUB STRUCTURE
Rocky Hill Soccer Club will be introducing a new club structure for the 2017-18 season. These programs will include the RHSC Juniors Teams (U07-U08), RHSC Academy Teams (U09-U12) and RHSC Travel Teams (U09-U14).
RHSC JUNIORS TEAMS (U07 & U08 Boys & Girls Pre-Travel)
The goal of the RHSC Juniors program is to provide a structured coaching environment for the players in the U07 & U08 age group and prepare them to compete on travel teams. It is intended for players who love soccer, work hard on their skills, enjoy playing and indicate that they would like to play more often. The Juniors will allow its participants to learn advanced skills thereby helping them easily transition from recreational soccer to travel level soccer. These years are an extremely pivotal point in early childhood development. Because of this, we would introduce them to professional coaching and begin crafting each child into a well rounded soccer player. We will engage and use an age appropriate training curriculum focused primarily on foot skills and introduce basic soccer concepts.
Program Aim: To expose players to the travel program structure of training and games and prepare them for the U09 age group.
April 16, 2018 (Monday) - June 4, 2018 (Monday); No Training on Memorial Day, May 28.
Days/Times: Mondays 6:30-7:30 and Thursdays 5-6:30 (includes small sided play)
Location: Maxwell Park
RHSC ACADEMY TEAMS (U09-U12 Boys & Girls Developmental)
The goal of the RHSC Academy program is to provide each player the opportunity to play soccer in a supportive and rewarding environment that emphasizes fun, enjoyment and skill learning, at a level that fits the players interests and ability.
- Allow Players to develop/mature at different rates. Allow time needed to learn and excel.
- Create a larger "pool" of payers to eventually play on our full travel teams.
- Allow children an avenue for exercise and be outdoors.
- "No Cut" Tryouts - All players will be offered a spot on either an Academy Team or Travel Team.
- No League games - friendly matches and 4v4 type competitions.
RHSC TRAVEL TEAMS (U09-U14 Boys & Girls Competitive)
The goal of the RHSC Travel program is to provide each player the opportunity to play soccer in a supportive and rewarding environment that emphasizes fun, enjoyment and skill learning, at a more competitve level that fits the players interests and ability. We will create a more challenging environment for talented players who aspire to play at the travel level and beyond.
- Allow Players to play in a more competitive environment.
- Create teams of like minded players who show ability and drive.
- Help players achieve movement into premier and high school level soccer.
- Introduce more tactical training sessions.
- "No Cut" Tryouts for U09 thru U12 - All players will be offered a spot on either an Academy Team or Travel Team.
- "Cuts' for U13 and above (each group will be dealt with individually and will form teams based on tryout numbers and player level).
Why can this work for Rocky Hill Soccer Club?
- All inclusive: More opportunities for Rocky Hill youth to play soccer. No cuts for U07-U08 players in the Juniors Progam and U09-U12 players in the Academy Program.
- Provides an appropriate, less stressful, skill focused learning environment for Academy players allowing them to gain more confidence.
- Provides a more physically and tactically challenging environment for players in the Travel program.
- Allows RHSC to develop and work with a larger pool of players enabling us to reach long term player development goals.
- Smaller rosters which means more playing time for players.
- Keeps RHSC in compliance with the new US Soccer Mandates (2017).
- Focus will be on more training and less games (ideally a ratio of 3 training opportunities to 1 game) per US Soccer Mandates.
PARENT EDUCATION & RESOURCES
Parents are encouraged to review the following documents:
- US Soccer Player Development
- US Soccer Player Development - FAQ's
- Player Safety Initiatives - Concussions (Recognize to Recover)
- Parent Sideline Behavior
- US Youth Soccer Player Curriculum (pg 21 - practice to game ratio)
- Revisions to Laws of the Game